The Church of St. Alphonsus Liguori, Rome
The Church of Sant’Alfonso is the home of the original icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help. It is one of the rare examples of neo-gothic architecture in Rome and was built in 1855 and consecrated in 1859 by Cardinal Costantino Patrizi. It is located on the Esquiline Hill on the Via Merulana between the two basilicas of St. Mary Major and St. John Lateran.
To learn more about the Church of Sant’Alfonso, click here.